FSE, or Full Site Editing, is a new feature in WordPress that allows users to edit and customize their entire website, not just the content, but also the design and layout, from the block editor. This new feature was introduced in WordPress 5.6 and has since become a popular choice for those looking for a more intuitive and streamlined website design process.
Pros of FSE:
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface: The block editor allows for a simple and intuitive design process, making it easier for users to create the website of their dreams.
- Improved design options: With the ability to edit the entire website, users can now enjoy greater control over their site’s design, including the ability to add custom backgrounds, spacing, and more.
- Seamless integration with blocks: The block editor integrates seamlessly with the blocks, making it possible to add and customize content, design, and functionality with ease.
Cons of FSE:
- Steep learning curve: While the block editor may be easy to use, it can take some time to master all the features and options available, especially for those who are new to WordPress.
- Limited options for advanced customization: FSE may not be suitable for those who want to make advanced customizations to their website, as it does not offer the same level of control as other website builders or page builders.
- Compatibility issues with themes and plugins: Some themes and plugins may not be compatible with FSE, which can result in compatibility issues and difficulties in editing the website.
In conclusion, FSE in WordPress offers a new way of designing and customizing a website, making it easier and more intuitive for users to create the website of their dreams. However, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons before deciding if it’s the right choice for your website. If you need advanced customization options, you may want to consider other website builders or page builders.”